Prep Time: 20 min, Cook Time: 30 min, Total Time: 50 minutes
Recipe by Jewel Fears
- ½ Medium Onion (small dice)
- (2) Cloves Garlic (small dice)
- Grapeseed Oil or other Neutral Oil
- White Wine
- (2) Cups Heavy Cream
- (2 ½) Cups Farfelle Pasta
- Mascarpone Cheese
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Chrysanthemum (Shungiku) Microgreens AND?OR Pea Shoots (wilt pea shoots into pasta and top with Shungiku, or use any other microgreens/herbs)
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat and allow it to get nice and hot. Add 1 tbsp of you oil to the center of the pan.
- When hot, add your diced onion tossing to coat in oil. Season with salt gently
- When onions are almost see through, add your garlic and toss
- CAUTION: Allow the garlic to become fragrant, about 2-3 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and pour in enough wine to coat the bottom of the pan. IT WILL SIZZLE, STEAM AND BOIL
- When boiling has stopped, place the pan back on the heat and bring to a simmer
- In a separate pot, bring pasta water to a boil adding a pinch of salt to the water.
- Once boiling add pasta bringing back to a boil
- When the liquid is almost gone, add 2 cups of Heavy Cream and combine with remaining liquid, onion mixture adding a sprinkle of red chili flakes to taste. Bring to a simmer allowing it to begin to thicken, about 5-10 minutes
- When checking, the cream should coat the back of a spoon without scorching the pan letting you know its’ ready
- Check your pasta, it should be al dente but beginning to soften, drain and add to the cream mixture
- Season with salt as desired pending your tastes coating the pasta in the sauce
- Add 2-3 nice dollops of Mascarpone Cheese tossing in the pasta to melt
- When pasta is at desired tenderness add fresh pea shoots folding in to gently wilt, then spoon into your bowl and garnish with remaining microgreens. Pea shoots hold up nicely when wilted into the pasta while herbal microgreens might be best used as garnish.
Serve while hot!