This recipe is super simple and totally hands-off if you own an electric pressure cooker (have you heard the Instant Pot buzz?). If you haven't tried one yet here and here are reviews of some of the most popular brands.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen is ok)
- 3 cups chicken broth (use bone broth if you can make it in your pressure cooker)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup diced onion (I use up to 1/2 cup because the onions taste great cooked in the broth)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix (I always use a homemade natural version)
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup heavy cream (can sub half cream/half milk or other types of milk according to your preference)
- Celery microgreens for garnish
1) Combine all ingredients except cream & cheese in your pressure cooker.
2) Cook under pressure for 10 minutes then manually depressurize.
3) Carefully remove chicken, shred and return to soup. Add heavy cream and cheese, stir to combine.
4) After the cheese has melted into the soup ladle soup into bowls and garnish with celery microgreens.