Prep Time: 15 minutes; Serves: 4
- 3-5 mixed Blood & Cara Cara Oranges + juice of 1 orange (reserve for dressing)
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 2-3 cups mixed shoots (sunflower, pea, popcorn, buckwheat) & microgreens (arugula & amaranth shown here)
- Fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 3/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. white wine vinegar
- Zest from 1 orange above
- 3 T blood blood orange and/or cara cara orange juice (from above)
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 finely minced shallot
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut a thin slice off the tip of each orange to reveal flesh, then stand upright. Following the curve, cut downward to remove peel and white pith rotating the fruit until it is completely peeled. Reserve 1-2 oranges to juice for the dressing.
- Thinly slice the oranges crosswise into discs.
- Arrange orange slicing on a salad plate or shallow serving dish. Sprinkle with baby arugula, mixed shoots & microgreens & ricotta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until blended, then drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with pepper, toss gently, and serve immediately.