Pea Shoot Soup
Serves 2, can easily be doubled.
This recipe can also be made an in instant pot. See directions at end of recipe.
1. Heat a generous splash of oil in a large pot
2. Add 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin & a dime size knob of grated fresh ginger until fragrant
3. Add half an onion, chopped, a small potato, chopped, and the stems from a quarter of a bunch of cilantro
4. Cook until soft
5. Add one half pound of chopped pea shoots and wilt down
6. Add 1.5 cups of chicken or veg stock and simmer for 5-10 mins
7. Blend soup, we suggest using a standard blender
8. Season with salt, pepper, and the juice of half a lemon
9. Garnish with extra pea shoots, micro cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream
10. Enjoy! This recipe serves 2 and can easily be doubled
Note this recipe can be made in an Instant pot - simply do steps 1-3 using sautee mode, then add the broth (step 6) and pressure cook for 3 minutes. Release pressure, add pea shoots and wilt on sautee mode. Turn off instant pot and continue with the remaining steps.
Recipe adapted from our friends at @microyyc